Any developer should be concerned with and be asking the following before development is started.
This information is gathered during stage 2 (from the Process tab).
- What are the goals for our site; why are we building it?
- What is the central message we want to convey through the site?
- What is our “wish list” of what we’d like in a site?
- What is our budget range for this project?
- Registered Site Address/URL/Domain Name:
- Additional Domain aliases (i.e. an address that forwards to your primary site):
- Site Title:
- Primary site email address (e.g. email@example.com):
- Additional email addresses / Aliases:
- Hosting Plan: Gold - Platinum - Diamond
- Who is our target visiting audience(s)?
- Are they likely to be tech-savvy, or tech-limited?
Content / Organization
- What specific information do we want to offer visitors through the site?
- What information do we already have available that we want to include in the site?
- What specific sections and subsections do we know we want to include on our site?
- What content do we need to provide that we don’t have yet, and where will it come from; how will it be created/developed?
- Do we have any slogans/statements/taglines that we want to use on this site?
- What resources/services, if any, do we want to offer through this site?
- How do we want to structure our content; do we have a navigation scheme in mind?
Web Site Pages
Number of pages based on degree of content/function modification.
- Portfolio and/or Image Gallery
Providing links to other websites for examples of what you are looking for are tremndous help. It doesn't have to be the whole website, perhaps it's just one feature on one page your found online. Look and feel is also great to see...a url is worth a 1000 words.
Download a PDF of All Questions